Friday, May 4, 2018

Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio - Close but No Cigar

Smokey but unstained 
Snare comes down right with the root
Everytime you groove

Stroll down my old block
Dirt don't stick to these new soles
Tight jams roll me on 

Took $1.25
Although I left a cool 2
She don't waste nothin 

Rain does not fall down
Streets are never empty now 
All feet move at once

Leslie speaks to us 
Wailing as she spins around
Responding to the band

The sun breaks winter
Just in time to help us move
These songs are the Spring 

This, the sound of Spring 
Plants pushing through the cold ground 
To hear the trio 

Get stuck in the groove 
I never want to leave here 
I can't help but move 

Drums, organ, guitar
Make a formidable sound 
Bring on the party 
 
Ain't no bitch slappin'
Mama's diggin' on your shoes
Sweetie shakes her ass

No comments:

Post a Comment